Extremely valuable messages, thought provoking, worth reading, for all ages, I guess the younger the better. I struggled with the writing style though, which at points felt like never endless stream of blah blah. I thought, if I had been there present with Seneca, I would have pressed pause, gone for a cold coffee, come back and press play again. More than once. It might have been the heat though 😁
In On the Shortness of Life Seneca argues that Life isn't short but we waste it with distractions and worthless goals. In Consolation to Helvia, Seneca argues that philosophy helps find peace. In On the Tranquillity of Mind, Seneca explains how to achieve calmness through work and service.
I guess my main takeaway from the three texts, is to do my best without letting stress take over, to accept both the good and the bad in life, to accept the universe as it is, and to remember that my job is to live well within it, not to wish it were different. Reading books definitely helps with this. It brings Tranquillity of Mind and gives meaning to my daily routine. 👍
No comments:
Post a Comment